Hop aboard the Lady Stanford river boat for a iconic and tranquil river cruise that winds its way gently along the picturesque Klein River, toward the Hermanus Lagoon. Spend time in the open upper and lower decks of this modern eco-friendly river boat with its quiet, four-stoke boat engines, as you watch a kaleidoscope of natural colour go by. No experience has been spared when it comes to comfort and luxury on board this vessel that most definitely stands out from the rest. A qualified skipper and experienced interactive guide, who intimately knows the river and all it has to offer, will ensure this journey is a memorable one. The Klein River features more than a hundred bird species which include majestic fish eagles, a flamboyance of pink flamingos and the ever spectacular, blue crane. Keep an eye out for otters, bontebok and horses grazing on the fertile river banks, as you make your way toward the lagoon. Lady Stanford runs daily trips for individual passengers as well as being available exclusively for private functions. The boat can comfortably accommodate 26 passengers.
These trips run five times a day.
- Early morning trip (time stipulated by special arrangement)
- Late morning trip (10:30 - 12:30)
- Early Afternoon trip (13:00 - 15:00)
- Late afternoon trip (16:00 - 18:00)
- Sunset cruise (18:00)
- R295.00 per person
- Children under 12 pay half-fare
- Approximately two hours
- Light snacks and refreshments
- The use of binoculars, bird identification books and blankets
You can hire the Lady Stanford river boat exclusively for your special event or corporate function.
- R3000.00 for the entire boat
- Duration: Tailor-made to suit your event
What to bring:
- Swimming gear and towel