The Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre focuses on the conservation of rare, vulnerable or endangered animals. Cheetah Conservation is one of their core disciplines.
The Centre is actively involved in:
- The breeding of endangered, vulnerable or rare animal species
- The release and establishment of captive-bred cheetahs to the wild
- The treatment and rehabilitation of orphaned or injured animals which are brought to the Centre
- The education of learners, students and the general public in conservation and conservation activities
- A hands-on Student’s Programme to conservation and adventure enthusiasts from around the world.